Saturday, May 14, 2016

Darwyn Cooke has passed away

Darwyn Cooke was a brilliant write and artist. He gave us this retro 50's style, which can be seen in New Frontier, and in this cover for Batman 37 (2014).



I really wish more figures existed in that 50's retro tone. Some do, which have yet to be acquired by me, and I'm thankful for it. he was on top of the class, people...top of the class. Only hours after it was publicized that he entered palliative care for an aggressive cancer. Man, y'know...comic book artists bring out their art, their vision of the world of comics to us. We enjoy these modern legends because in some way or another it touches our lives. I always thought of New Frontier as simplistic and borderline retro, but Cooke understood the Batman really well, and helped formed my modern vision of what Batman is. But his art is better than his stories! He is a master, and he now belongs to the ages. Rest in Peace, Darwyn Cooke. Your art lives on in our otherworldly hearts.

Language incoming:

FUCK CANCER, FUCK 2016. The good die young. If you read my blog (I don't know if you do), remember to get screened for cancer every 6 months, make sure you know your family health history, and don't smoke, don't drink, don't eat red meat. That's about all I can tell you. Good night, and good bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!