Monday, December 15, 2014

Batgirl

Batgirl



Batgirl is here to save the day! This is a somewhat disappointing figure, however.



She's sexy, she's dashing, she's got great weapons, but she's...got the wrong head. I mean don't get me wrong, I prefer this over the alternative, but I'm kind of obsessive about figures needing to be accurate. Why wouldn't they give us an Alicia Silverstone head with a domino mask on instead of this? This Batgirl looks extremely angry, and she has no hair. It's still a very cool, curvy figure, and this figure has more personality than the rest of the line's figures. She's sassy, angry and ready to cut your head open. She comes with a giant annoying blade and a crossbow with a missile. Both weapons are black/green.



She's...pretty easy on the eyes. All of the figures in this line are, but she's so good looking it's kind of scary. I mean, in a line where the Batman is sort of smiling a la George Clooney and where the Batgirl looks angry as hell, that's when you know this ain't right man. They ain't right. I wonder what Robin's got to say about this?



I always felt her part vs. Ivy was the best part. Her whole history, while comically flawed, was the best bit of the whole movie. It's not a bad movie, it's just...it was too much, y'know? For us who are fans of the comic books, we know origin stories can always change, but Batgirl is...she tends to be kind of sacred. But you know what my opinion is? This was outside of the books. New and fresh. I kind of liked Alicia Silverstone. I mean, that's kind of a badass name to play someone as badass as Batgirl. Most of us complain that it was an unforgivable departure, but if you think about it, she was the best thing B&R had to offer. Lucky for us they made TWO Batgirl figures, one that comes with an extremely sharp motorcycle. But more on that soon. I wish they had made more figures of her, or at least one that was accurate in the ice outfit. They did make 10 inch figures...Mego-like, and they still featured her with the covered up head. If anyone can tell me why Kenner/Hasbro forgot about Alicia Silverstone playing Batgirl, please do tell why her head is so generic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!