Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Laser Disc Batman

Laser Disc Batman



The second rarest figure of this line, I didn't get to find out about it 'till 2005. First off, Laser Disc Batman is an awful name: typing it on Ebay only brings up DVD's of the movie. Anyways let's see what this bag of surprises holds.

So you may have noticed that huge backpack and his huge clear weapon. Everything is activated by pushing and twisting the button on the back.



Twisting the button to the sides causes the laser side guns to collapse. Now he's ready for action! His weapon is a standard disc shooter that carries up to three discs. This clear Batman and his weapon exist to focus and refract the lightshow hidden within the backpack. But wait! here's a twist! Twisting the dial while lighting up will not only reveal one but the FOUR PRIMARY COLORS: Magenta, Cyan, yellow and white.



It is very hard to photograph. I did what I could!



The figure is cast in a clear glass color, hastily painted in red. He's got a hole in his back that serves to channel the light into his magnifying chest emblem and into the clear weapon which refracts the light show. Personally I think that this figure is a cool concept but somehow executed hastily. I've studied light movement and I have ideas on how to make this figure better and brighter. But oh well, who am I to judge the neon era of the Batman series?



This is a fun, unconventional figure. My only gripe is that his launcher falls off his hands rather easily due to the tiny pegs. Good luck finding this figure though. As it was the final figure of the line I never saw it in any adverts and it was a mystery to me until I found a loose one at a Goodwill store several years back. This is the final figure of the line, but we're far from over. Next up are the two vehicles with figures, then Robins, villains and accessories. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!